CYCLING ON MT.KILIMANJARO 5 DAYS ITINERARY + 2 NIGHTS HOTEL
Cycling on Mt. Kilimanjaro – Kilema Route
Bike trek is our new product of trekking the Kilimanjaro Mountain, Kilema route is the only route that Bike trek to Kilimanjaro Mountain can reach to the top of the Mount Kilimanjaro by mountain bike. With our experienced guides the whole trip to summit Mt Kilimanjaro 5895M, took 5 days with proper acclimatization.
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Moramu Picnic Site then back to Moramu (44km ride)
Day 1: Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi
Pick up from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi town at the hotel. Depending the time of arrival, you will meet the Bujo Tours operation team. They will tell you more about the trip, share tips and safety information and thoroughly check your gear to see if you have everything you need.
Day 2: Moshi to Marangu Gate to Kilema Gate to Horombo Hut
You will be picked from the hotel at 8:30 am, this morning we drive through Kilimanjaro semi-tropical foothills to Marangu gate, spend some minutes for registrations and get the permit and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park and start the riding up to Horombo Hut, today is 100% cycling by bike.
Cycling distance is19 kilometers and vegetation is forest and moorland.
Day 3: Full Day Horombo Acclimatization
After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through Alpine desert, some of the areas you will be riding on small stone up to Mawenzi hut and back to Horombo hut.
Today is 90% riding on “Alpine desert vegetation, cycling distance is 10 kilometers.
Day 4: Horombo to Kibo Hut (4703 M)
After breakfast you will continue with riding to Kibo Hut, you will ride on small stone in most areas
Cycling today is 90% on Alpine desert vegetation.
Day 5: Kibo Hut to Summit (5895 M) to Horombo Hut (3720 M)
At four am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up long screen slop. After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another three hours to Gilman’s Point, you will take your bike from Porters and start riding to Uhuru peak, arriving at Uhuru peak spends some few minutes or take photos and then riding down to Stella Point. After lunch ride down to Horombo
Today cycling from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15% to 20% vegetation is alpine desert and from Kibo to Horombo 100% “Alpine desert vegetation /Icecap.
Day 6: Horombo Hut (3720 M) to Kilema gate (1800 M)
After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rainforest to Kilema gate, then you will be transferred to Marangu gate for check out and then to the hotel in Moshi.
Day 7: Hotel to Kilimanjaro International Airport
After breakfast at your lodge, you will be picked up and transfer to Airport to catch your flight back home or proceeding with wildlife safari or beach holiday in Zanzibar.
5 Days Kilimanjaro Bike Trek + 2 nights hotel
|SOLO (1)Personal||2 peoples||3 Persons||4-8 Persons||9-10 Persons||10-Persons|
Kilimanjaro bike trek price includes;
- 2 nights hotel stay before the start date and on last day of the trek including breakfast
- Mountain Bike
- Arrival and departure transfers from airport
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents (or hut fees for Marangu route)
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Oxygen tank
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain (Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food)
- Porters, cook salaries and their park fees(Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO))
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
Kilimanjaro bike price does not include;
- Your flights/visas
- Tips to the mountain staff (Much appreciated)
- Meals other than breakfast while in the hotel and Alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, snacks, etc
- Personal gear like sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
- Portable toilets – can be provided for USD 80 per toilet