Kilimanjaro Machame Route Overview
Kilimanjaro Machame route also known as the “Whisky route”, has become very popular. This is camping route which offers spectacular views of various landscapes such as Mt. Meru, Pare Mountains, Lake Chala and Lake Jipe. It is a climb of 6 days, but we recommend for seven day just having one day more rest before the summit day. Doing this will maximize your chance of reaching the top.
MACHAME ROUTE 8 DAYS WITH CRATER CAMP ITINERARY + 2 DAYS IN MOSHI
DAY 1: Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi
Pick up from Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer to Moshi town for overnight at your designated hotel.
Day 2: Moshi to Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Pick up from Lodge/Hotel to Machame Gate 1840m – Machame Hut – 9kms – six to seven hours – Altitude gain 1140m
Day 3: Machame Camp to Shira Cave
Machame Hut 2980m — Shira 2 Hut – 7kms – 5 to 6hrs – Altitude gain 890m
Day 4: Shira Camp to Barranco Camp
Shira Hut 3840m — Barranco Camp – 10kms – 6 to 7hrs – Altitude gain 700m down 600m
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Barranco Camp 3950m — Karanga Valley Camp – 6kms – 3 to 4hrs – gain 250m down 250m
Day 6: Karanga to Barafu Camp
Karanga Camp 3963m — Barafu Camp 4kms – 3 to 4hrs – gain 650m
Day 7: Barafu Camp to Crater Camp
Barafu Camp 4600m — crater camp Furtwangler glacier – 10kms – 10 to 12hrs – 1000m
Day 8: Crater Camp to Summit Uhuru Peak to Mweka Camp
Crater Camp Furtwangler Glacier — UHURU PEAK – 1km – 1hr – 295m Altitude gain UHURU PEAK 5895m — Millennium Camp – 15kms – 7hrs – descend 2445m
Day 9: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate to Moshi
Mweka Camp — Mweka Gate – 2 to 3hrs – transfer to Lodge/Hotel
Day 10: Departure to Kilimanjaro International Airport
After breakfast at your lodge, you will be picked up and transfer to Airport to catch your flight back home or proceed with safari or beach holiday.
8 Days Machame Route with crater camp + nights hotel
- Park fees, camping fees, Hut fees & rescue fees
- Twice a day medical health checkup, monitoring with pulse-oximeter and stethoscope with basic first kit
- Oxygen Cylinder
- Orientation meeting in Moshi and gear check as well.
- 18% Value Added Tax on tour fees & services
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs, camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) and 3 Season mountain tents
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Medically qualified mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 Meals while on the mountain + evening tea with popcorn or peanuts.
- Hot water for washing up daily and treated water for drink while climbing.
- Pre & Post Trek accommodation in Moshi. Bed & Breakfast Basis with storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes.
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- 3-4 porters per climber, which includes porters to carry up to 30 lbs of your personal gear.
- Kilimanjaro certificate for your successful summit attempt.
- Tips to mountain crew
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- Entry visa for Tanzania
Bujo Tours and Safaris LTD lead your dream to the roof of Africa